Monday, March 14, 2011

Living on Credit

Now, don't be alarmed!  Though I did just apply for a new credit card via USAA, I am not advocating a departure from Dave Ramsey or biblical financial principles.  I am just studying Romans 4 and pondering.  Paul quotes the book of Genesis and reminds us, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."  He further reminds us not to get into a wage earning mentality.

I confess I often do have that mentality developing a sort of tit for tat thing with God-expecting that because I have been extra good and done x that He should do y.  (That's as much algebra as I can stand.:))  To try to live that way makes my relationship with God laborious and not glorious and certainly not gracious.  To live under the law rather than on what is credited to my account because of Jesus is to exist without the sheer wonder of His love!

I am listening to a Hillsong album a lot right now.  My favorite song is called "Forever Reign."  It begins, "You are good, You are good when there's nothing good in me... " and goes on to say, "I'm running to your arms; the riches of your grace will always be enough."  Living on anything other than faith credit makes those words powerless and meaningless.

I want to live in dependence and wonder this Lent, depending on God's crediting my faith as righteousness  When God does this he is not rewarding my good deeds but displaying His amazing grace! 

What God is, He is all the time, relentlessly as Graham Cooke says.  HE IS GOOD AND GRACIOUS and I am content to live on that kind of credit.
JESUS PAID IT ALL!
KIM

No comments:

Post a Comment